Wednesday 4 April 2018

How to Style: Checks

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today I have another 'How to style' post for you all. Today it is all about the Autumn/Winter trend - checks. Now I know it is getting warmer now (well suppose to be) and we are transitioning into the Spring/Summer trends but I thought I would give you one last post using the old trends to get the most out of the items you have. I hope you enjoy this post and are looking forward to the upcoming trends. Check out my blog post all about S/S '18 trends to start preparing your wardrobe for the coming season. Enjoy...


Outfit 1: Checked Coat
The first outfit I have chosen is defiantly one for the colder days we are still having here in England. I have paired my checked coat with a pair of thigh-high brown boots. Underneath I am wearing a simple black turtleneck top and black jeans to keep it simple and plain. You can definitely adapt this outfit to the warmer weather by pairing it with some converse, a dress or skirt to make it more Spring appropriate.





Items:
  • Checked coat - Parisian via ASOS
  • Black turtleneck - Peacocks
  • Black jeans - Topshop
  • Brown boots - New Look
  • Brown belt - Primark

Outfit 2: Checked Skirt
The second outfit I have chosen is a super simple and easy one. I have paired my checked skirt with a plain turtleneck top and black boots. This is a super simple but cute outfit to wear and can easily be adapted throughout the year. To make it more spring appropriate simply ditch the tights and swap the long sleeve top for a blouse or t-shirt and pair it with cute sandals or loafers.




Items:
  • Black turtleneck - Peacocks
  • Checked skirt - F&F at Tesco
  • Black tights - Primark
  • Black boots - ASOS
  • Necklace - H.Samuel

Outfit 3: Checked Dress
Now you may have seen this outfit a few times recently on my blog but it's only because it is one of my favourite outfits at the moment! It's so easy and simple but looks so trendy and cute. I have paired my checked pinafore dress with a black turtleneck top and black boots for a simple yet effective outfit. To make it more spring appropriate simply swap the black top for a white one and swap the black tights for skin coloured and finish it with a pair of converse or loafers.




Items:
  • Black turtleneck - Peacocks
  • Checked pinafore dress - New Look
  • Black tights - Primark
  • Black boots - Primark
  • Black bag - Primark

Outfit 4: Checked Scarf
The final outfit I have created for you all today is one that can easily be worn in any season. I have chosen a simple black dress and added my Burberry inspired checked scarf. I have then paired it with black boots and added a pop of colour with a red bag. When the weather starts warming up you can simply wear any outfit you like and throw on a checked scarf. However, if you like this outfit idea them simply ditch the tights and add a pair of sandals instead and you are good to go.





Items:
  • Black dress - Topshop
  • Black tights - Primark
  • Black boots - Primark
  • Checked scarf - Shop in Spain
  • Red bag - Topshop
So that's all the outfits I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed and got some outfit inspiration. If you want to see more outfit posts from me then makes sure you head back over to my blog every Wednesday for more. If you want to learn about different fashion topics then make sure you head back every Friday as well. I hope to see you back here again soon...

Emma Victoria
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment