Wednesday 18 April 2018

Top 10 Spring Essentials


Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I hope you are all having a great week so far and are looking forward to the week ahead.  As you all know we are (slowly) transitioning into the Spring time and the warmer weather is upon us. To help you get prepared to change up your wardrobe I thought I would share with you my top 10 Spring essentials. 

Throughout the Spring/Summer I never really go crazy on the trends. I usually wear the same sort of items every year. I always go for lighter colours and classic items that will never go out of fashion. I just find my style never really changes in the warmer weather so I just end up sticking to the same classic outfits. This is a great way to save money but also be on 'trend' as the classic items will be in fashion year after year. So I hope you enjoy this post and get some inspiration for your Spring/Summer wardrobe. Enjoy...

Blouses:
I would have to say that one of my favourite parts of the Spring time is getting to wear beautiful blouses. They are such a staple in any wardrobe and I always find myself reaching for a blouse in the warmer weather. As they are such a classic item you can get them in lots of different styles and colours. There are so many different styles out there on the market nowadays it would be silly not to invest! Especially when the weather gets a lot warmer they cover you up but still keep you nice and cool. They are also a great item to take on holiday to wear in the midday heat to cover up your shoulders and chest to protect you from too much sun exposure. They are such an all round essential; all you have to do is grab your blouse and pair it with: shorts, trousers, jeans, skirts and pinafores and you are good to go...

ASOS - £25
ASOS - £26



White Shirt:
Another classic Spring item is the white shirt. Whether you go for the traditional structured one or a crazy trendy one it's up to you. We all need one (or more) in our lives. Again they go with pretty much anything in your wardrobe and are such a staple. They are a great transitional piece as well as they can be worn with a vest top underneath when it's a bit colder or just on it's own (with a bra of course). I love to go for a classic shape or one with a bit of sleeve detail to add a bit of a different twist. Simply pair it with a smart trouser, skirt, pinafore, shorts or jeans and you are good to go...

River Island - £20
New Look - £17.99
ASOS - £16.99

Tailored Trouser:
We all need at least one pair of smart tailored trousers in our wardrobe. Whether that be for interviews, work or simply to wear everyday. This is a more recent obsession of mine but a tailored trouser is definitely going to be an essential for me this spring. I am on the hunt for a pair of pink cigarette trousers to add to my collection this season. Paired with a classic white shirt, blouse, t-shirt or even a thin jumper makes for a perfect outfit this Spring...

River Island - £36

A-line Mini Skirt:
If you know me then you will know that I love a good A-line skirt. These are one of the only type of skirts that I feel suit me so I have quite a collection. There are no rules when it come to these except have fun and go crazy. Look for print, texture, colour and design details to make yours stand out from the rest. My favourite type of skirts are definitely suede as I love the texture and the way they look. I also love to go for ones with embroidery, buttons or stunning prints on them. Simply pair these with a turtle neck, thin jumper, blouse, shirt or t-shirt depending on your style. My favourite way to wear these are with a blouse, low bun, sunglasses and cute sandals. However, if your not a fan of mini skirts why not try opting for a midi skirt instead. These are starting to come back into fashion again and make a great alternative to a mini skirt...

New Look - £15.99
ASOS - £22
ASOS - £17 (Sale)

Paper Bag Shorts:
If you don't like to wear skirts often then why not go for a tailored or paper bag short instead. These are another one of my go to for the warmer weather. For these I love to stick to neutral plain shorts and let the shape and style do the talking. If you are felling brave then go for a patterned pair but keep the top half plain and simple. I love to go for a light grey or pink pair and then pair it with a white blouse or shirt. I then go for a simple cross body bag and a cute pair of sandals to complete the look...

ASOS - £20
River island - £28
New Look - £12.99


Denim Shorts:

Of course every year since I can remember the denim short has been a classic in anyone's wardrobe. Whether that be a boyfriend fit, super short booty cut or a ripped paired you will see everyone wearing them at some point. They are such a staple I don't really know what to say about them. Surely all of you already have at least one pair in your wardrobe and pair them with pretty much everything you own. Yes?! Well there is nothing really else to say then. Except if you want to mix it up this season why not go for a different colour denim. I recently picked up a stunning pair of baby pink denim shorts and I cant wait to wear them. It just gives the classic denim look a more girly feminine feel. Of course if pink isn't your thing then why not go for a black pair instead...

River Island - £35
New Look - £25.99
ASOS - £20

Duster Coat:
If you live in England then you will know that it can still be pretty cold in the Spring time so having a Spring jacket is essential. I love to go for a duster coat as I find them so easy to style and such a classic Spring item. They have been a popular choice for the past few years and I'm sure for years to come too. The style and shape may change slightly year after year but the aspect of it is still the same. I have a couple of duster coats that I love to wear in the Spring time; one grey and one pink as these colours match my Spring wardrobe perfectly. Having a light jacket is perfect for the chiller days or simply to finish of a plain outfit. I love the waterfall effects that some have but alternatively I love a simple classic shape as well. They go with pretty much any outfit and are definitely an essential this Spring...

River Island - £40 (Sale)
River Island - £65
ASOS - £90

Blazer Jacket:
Another recent addition to my Spring essential list is a blazer jacket. I have always wanted a blazer to wear everyday but never had the confidence to. I always felt that they were only really acceptable to wear to the office or an interview but as I've grown older and I'm finding my style is getting more mature and sophisticated I took the plunge and purchased a stunning pink blazer to wear this Spring. There are so many different styles out there on the market now that it is definitely acceptable to wear them as part of an everyday outfit. The benefits, you can dress super casual and the blazer instantly makes you look more sophisticated and put together. However, if you don't want to look too smart and work-like them I would recommend avoiding a black one...

New Look - £24.99

ASOS - £48
New Look - £24.99

Small Cross Body Bag:
In terms of accessories this Spring I would recommend choosing a beautiful cross body to wear. They are such a staple in my wardrobe all year round but especially in the warmer weather when you don't want to be carrying a heavy bag in the heat. Simply sling it across your body and enjoy the weather. I always tend to pick more neutral classic bags as I can use them year after year. My essential colours in the Spring are: white, pink and nude as I find them perfect for my wardrobe but if your more of a black lover then go a classic black cross body instead. If your feeling brave then why don't you invest in a more trend-led cross body or one with a funky pattern or embellishment. However, my top tip for going crazy with the accessories is to keep the outfit plain and simple and let the accessories do the talking...

ASOS - £12
ASOS - £18
ASOS - £15.99

Loafers:
Before last Spring I was always too scared to wear loafers as I thought they were a granny shoe. However, since finding the most stunning pair of pink loafers I have fell in love with the style. They are so easy to slip on and look great with jeans. If you don't want your feet to get to hot then opt for a backless slip on loafer instead. These were very popular last Spring and I know they will be again this season. Have fun when choosing your perfect pair. Look for different colours, textures, prints and styles and I'm sure you will find so many different ones you love. Just make sure you keep an eye on your bank balance...

River Island - £36
River Island - £32
ASOS - £30

So there you have it, my top 10 Spring essentials. I hope you found this post interesting and helpful and are now looking forward to updating your Spring wardrobe. If you have any other Spring essentials you want to share then make sure you write them in the comment section below. If you want to see more outfit inspired posts from me then make sure you head back to my blog every Wednesday for more. I also write about different fashion topics on Fridays so make sure you head back for those too. I hope to see you back here again soon...


Emma Victoria
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment