Wednesday 6 December 2017

How to Style: Thigh High Boots

Hello everyone, I have another 'How to Style' post for you today. This weeks post is all about the thigh high boots. I have styled my black thigh high boots from Zara in four different ways to show you how you can dress them up or down. I never thought you could wear these sorts of boots casually so I was always scared to buy a pair as I knew I wouldn't get much wear out of them otherwise. I'm so glad I decided to go for it though as they go with pretty much any outfit I decide to wear. They are easy to dress down due to them only having a small heel, which I defiantly recommend as you ca get much more wear out of them. I love wearing these boots as they are so comfortable, fashionable and great at keeping your legs warm in the colder months.  I hope this post gives you some inspiration on how to wear your thigh high boots or inspires you to get a pair of your own. Enjoy...


Outfit 1:

This outfit is the most casual out of all of the outfits I put together.  For this outfit I have decided to style the boots with a pair of blue jeans. My top tip for pairing thigh high boots with jeans is to make them different colours. This will help them to stand out more and will help to slim down the legs. If you pair a black pair of boots with a black pair of jeans it will make your legs look larger than they are as there will be more fabric around your legs. To finish off this outfit I have added a cosy knitted jumper and a sleeveless jacket. I really like this outfit as it's so cosy and comfy while still being stylish. 







Items:
  • Boots - Zara
  • Jeans - Primark
  • Jumper - TU at Sainsbury
  • Jacket - New Look
  • Bag - Primark
  • Watch - The Fifth

Outfit 2:

For outfit number two I wanted to create a look that was smart/casual. This outfit could easily be worn in the day time with a duster coat or in the evening without tights. Adding a pair of tights to the outfit makes it a lot more casual and appropriate to wear in the daytime. I decided to go with two block colours for this look. I kept it very simple with an all black outfit and then added a cute pink suede skirt to make it much more girly and cute. 








Items:
  • Boots - Zara
  • Skirt - Primark
  • Top - Peacocks
  • Bag - Primark
  • Bracelet - Pandora Essence
  • Necklace - Present
  • Rings - Swarovski

Outfit 3:

For this look I decided to style a simple tight fitted grey dress in two different ways to show how you can dress it up or down. I started off with simply adding a beige checked scarf (major Burberry vibes) to dress up the outfit and to show off my figure from the dress. You could always get rid of the scarf if you wanted to wear this to a party or date night. I then tried to dress down the outfit by swapping out the scarf for a cute pink sleeveless jacket. This makes the outfit look more girly and cute and tones down the tightness of the dress. I love both these outfits, they are definitely my favourite ones. 











Items:
  • Boots - Zara
  • Dress - New Look
  • Scarf - Shop in Mallorca
  • Jacket - New Look
  • Necklace - Present
  • Watch - The Fifth
  • Bracelet - Pandora Essence


Outfit 4:

The last outfit idea I have for you is one you may have seen recently in another post. It's pairing your favourite knitted jumper dress (or even a sweater dress if that is more your style) with tights and a pair of black thigh high boots. It's so simple but looks like you have spent ages getting ready and have thought about your outfit a lot. It's also a super cosy and warm outfit choice for this time of the year. You could also try looking for a Christmas jumper dress to wear with your boots this festive season!




Items:
  • Boots - Zara
  • Jumper Dress - Boohoo
  • Bag - Primark

Here are some different thigh high boot options I found for you online:

Topshop - £49


New Look - £44.99
New Look - £44.99
Missguided - £35
Pretty Little Thing - £60

I hope you liked this post and got some outfit inspiration or was inspire to get a pair of thigh high boots yourself. I would definitely recommend getting a pair if your thinking about it as they are easier to style than you may think. If you want to see more outfit ideas from me then head back every Wednesday. See you soon...

Emma Victoria
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment